A Personal Touch Still Matters in VoIP IP Telephone Sales Calls
At Birchills, we provide the simplest VoIP business phone system in the UK, and our customers repeatedly tell us that they appreciate the value that our products bring to their workplace. We supply our customers with a highly affordable phone network that features multiple lines, the ability to choose phone numbers from anywhere in the world and the option to add a wide range of hardware and devices to their VoIP system.
In short, we make office communication versatile, affordable and convenient.
But when the success of your business depends on your performance on the telephone, then the quality of your calls is only one of the considerations that need to be taken into account. We can ensure that your lines of communication are efficient and crystal-clear – but that’s only part of the equation. It’s also absolutely essential that your operators are able to make a meaningful, personal connection with the potential customers they contact.
Customers miss the human factor in this digital age
Today’s consumers are bombarded by marketing messages. They see countless ads on their daily commute, and a deluge of ‘click here’, ‘buy now’ and ‘learn more’ prompts assault them every time they go online. Marketing fatigue develops rapidly when everyone is trying to sell to you at every turn.
To make matters worse, household phones are being dialled by automatic marketing services that get straight to the pitch with a recorded message and zero small talk. The last thing the average person wants to do is speak with a robot salesperson on the phone after spending an entire day tuning out marketing pitches.
The truth is that modern consumers feel increasingly isolated in their daily lives. Rounds of real human interaction are fewer and farther between. As a result, they are much more receptive to engagement with a human touch. In fact, the Harvard Business Review recently conducted a study which found that emotional connection matters even more to consumers than customer satisfaction.
How to make a personal connection on a sales call
If you’re concerned that your sales calls are falling short of their potential due to a lack of personal connection, there are several steps you can take to try to correct this. Here are a few tips to get you started:
• If possible, spend some time researching the prospect you are about to call. Doing so will help to establish a basis of communication before the call even begins, and it is likely to boost the success rates of your calls.
• Early in the call, ask questions to determine how you can best serve this potential client.
• Go out of your way to listen to the responses from the person you’re calling – even if that means abandoning the script.
• If you know the person’s name, use it when speaking with them. Just be sure to let them know your name as well.
• Smile whilst speaking on the phone. Even though the person on the other end can’t see your face, they’ll be able to hear the difference that smiling creates in your tone of voice.
These are just a few steps you can take to make your sales calls more affordable. And if you’re concerned that the quality of your calls is holding your team back, get in touch with Birchills to find out how we can boost the quality of your VoIP business system for a better call quality.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first?
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW
OTHER RELEVANT ARTICLES