SUMMARY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Customer agrees to pay all charges for the Service upon receipt of a Birchills Telecom invoice.
2. Rental charges will normally be invoiced monthly in advance, and call charges will normally be invoiced monthly in arrears.
3. Birchills Telecom cannot guarantee that the Service will never be faulty. Birchills Telecom is not liable to the Customer for any loss of business, revenue, profit or expected savings, wasted expense, financial loss or data being lost or corrupted.
4. The ability to make 999 or 112 emergency calls cannot be guaranteed. If the Customer uses the Service to make emergency calls, the location information received by the emergency services will be limited to the installation address of the Primary Line, which may not be the location from which the call originated. Emergency calls may fail if there is a power failure or broadband connection failure. Wherever possible alternative arrangements should be made.
5. The Service will not work in the event of a power failure or a broadband connection failure.
6. Entering a contract authorises us to take over the Services from your current telecommunications service provider(s). The Customer agrees that a faxed or emailed copy of this form shall be a legally binding contract. Telephone number porting is carried out in accordance with the Code of Practice.
7. The minimum duration of this agreement is 30 days. In the event of a Customer choosing to terminate before the end of the period then the Customer agrees that they will incur the recurring charges which would have applied had the contract continued to it’s end point.
8. All hardware is supplied with a 24 months return to base warranty. Items that fail due to manufacturing defects within that period will be repaired or replaced with no charge.
9. All prices are exclusive of VAT which will be added at the appropriate rate.
10.2 Unlimited packages are not intended for outbound call centres and will only be supplied to accounts with 5+ extensions. There is a call threshold of 1 hour on all such packages. Any calls exceeding this threshold will be charged at our normal rates.
11. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that calls made on the system are made with their authority and comply with all the relevant legislation.
12. The Customer will not take any measures to compromise the security of the system (including ensuring that passwords are not shared) and will reimburse Birchills Telecom for any costs incurred should they do so.